Idaho Oversize and Overweight Permits
Contact (877) 792-5056 for Oversize Permits in Idaho.
Oversize and overweight loads must be accompanied by shipping permits in Idaho, according to the state’s DOT. Wide Load Shipping team of logistics agents is ready to help you acquire the shipping permits for your oversize and overweight load in Idaho. Below we have more information about the shipping limits, superloads, and pilot cars.
Oversize Load Limits in Idaho
Idaho maximum load limit until a trucking permit is required:
- Length: 75 feet.
- Width: 8’ 6 feet.
- Height: 14 feet.
- Weight: 80,000 lbs (GVW).
- Overhang: 4’ in front and no more than 10’ rear.
Oversize and Overweight Permit Limits in Idaho
These maximum dimensions/weights are considered routine oversize or heavy-haul trucking permits in Idaho:
- Length: 110’ on 2-lane roads and 115’ on 4-lane roads.
- Weight: 5 axles 112,000lbs and 6 axles 118,000lbs.
- Width: 16 feet.
- Height: 14’6 feet.
What’s the Cost of Trucking Permits In Idaho?
Wide Load Shipping has put together the costs of oversize and overweight permits in Idaho below. We will help you acquire shipping permits for your shipment. Call us at (877) 792-5056!
- Single trip oversize permits in Idaho: $28
- Single trip oversize permits for loads exceeding 16 ft width, 16 ft height, or 110 ft length: $71
- Oversize permits for 2 trips within 7 days (loads exceeding 16 feet wide, 16 feet high, or 110 feet long: $89
- Oversize permits for 2 trips: $33
- Oversize annual permits in Idaho: $43
- Specialized annual oversize permits: $43
- Overweight single-trip permits in Idaho: $71
- Overweight two trip permits in Idaho: $81
- Overweight and oversize single trip permit: $103 (exceeding 16 feet wide, 16 feet high, and 110 feet long)
- Overweight and oversize two trips within 7 days permit: $116 (exceeding 16 feet wide, 16 feet high, and 110 feet long)
- Overweight and oversize annual permit: $128 (exceeding 16 feet wide, 16 feet high, and 110 feet long)
- Excess weight annual permits: $43
- Extra length annual permits: $43
- Excess weight and length annual permits: $53
- Single trip permit for power unit registered in Idaho, but the trailer isn’t registered in Idaho or another state, or piggy-backing: $60
- Single trip permit for power unit not registered in Idaho, but the trailers are registered in Idaho or other states: $60
- Combination permit for power unit registered in Idajo and two or more trailers aren’t registered in any state: $120
When Are Pilot Cars or Escort Vehicles Required in Idaho?
Heavy-haul or oversize loads may be required to be accompanied by an escort vehicle or pilot car if:
- Length: Over 100’ 2 Lanes require 1 car. Over 115’ Interstate requires 1 car.
- Width: Over 12’1” 2 Lanes require 1 car., Over 15’1”, 4 Lanes require 1 car.
- Height: Over 16’ requires 1 car.
Legal Travel Times for Oversize and Heavy Haul Loads in Idaho
Travel times and restrictions for heavy-haul and oversize loads in Idaho:
Travel is permitted from ½ hour before sunrise to ½ hour after sunset. If 10’ wide or less, travel is permitted 24/7.
Ready To Aquire an Oversize Permit For Your Load in Idaho? Call (877) 792-5056!
MORE USEFUL RESOURCES