Indiana Oversize and Overweight Permits
Contact (877) 792-5056 for Oversize Permits in Indiana.
Are you transporting a load that’s considered oversize and overweight in Indiana? Wide Load Shipping is here to help you acquire the right shipping permits within a short time. We have logistics agents familiar with the oversize and overweight load requirements in Indiana and the process of acquiring the permits. Learn more about load limits. superloads, and pilot cars below.
Oversize Load Limits in Indiana
The following are the legal weight and dimensions limits in Indiana.
- Length: 60 feet.
- Overhang: 3′ in front and unlimited in the rear.
- Weight: GVW 80,000 lbs.
- Width: 8′ 6 feet.
- Height: 13′ 6 feet.
Pilot Cars/Escort Vehicle Requirements in Indiana
- Width: 2 lanes and over 12′ 4″ needs one pilot car or escort vehicle in the front. 4 lanes and over 12′ 4″ need one pilot car or escort vehicle in the rear.
- Height: 2 lanes over 14′ 6″ need one pilot car or escort vehicle in the front. 4 lanes over 14′ 6″ need one pilot car or escort vehicle in the rear.
- Length: 2 lanes over 85′ need one pilot car or escort vehicle in front. 4 lanes over 85′ need one pilot car or escort vehicle in the rear.
Oversize and Overweight Permit Limits in Indiana
Below are the maximum dimensions a load can be even with a permit in the state of Indiana:
- Length: 110 feet.
- Width: 18 feet.
- Overhang: 3′ in front and unlimited in the rear as long as it does not exceed 60′ overall.
Here’s the maximum weight your load can be, even with a permit in Indiana:
- Single Axle Weight Permits: 28,000 pounds
- Steer Axle Weight Permits: 28,000 pounds
- Tandem axles Weight Permits: 48,000 pounds
- Tridem axles Weight Permits: 60,000 pounds
What’s the Cost of Trucking Permits In Indiana?
Below are the costs of oversize and overweight permits in Indiana. Allow Wide Load Shipping to help you acquire single and annual permits in Indiana. Call us at (877) 792-5056.
- Single trip oversize permits in Indiana: $20 (Upto 95 feet in length, 12’4 feet in width, and 13’6 height)
- Single trip oversize permits in Indiana: $30 (Upto 95 – 110 feet length, 12’4 – 16 feet width, and 13’6 – 15 feet height)
- 90-day oversize permits in Indiana: $100
- Annual oversize permits in Indiana: $405
- Annual shipping container permits: $800
- Oversize and overweight single permits in Indiana: $20 base fee plus
- GVW 80,001-108,000 pounds: $ .35 per mile
- GVW 108,001 – 150,000 pounds: $ 0.60 per mile
- GVW 150,001 – and over: $ 1.00 per mile
Or oversize only fee, whichever is greater
- Vehicles exceeding 120,000 pounds: $10 executive fee
- Vehicles exceeding 200,000 pounds: $10 executive fee in addition to a $25 design and review fee and a $10 bridge fee (less than 10 bridges, a minimum of $100 is charged)
- Toll road gate permit: $ 20.00 annually per gate per truck
We Offer Trucking Permits in the Following Cities in Indiana;
Indianapolis, IN; Fort Wayne, IN; Evansville, IN; South Bend, IN; Carmel, IN; Bloomington, IN; Fishers, IN; Hammond, IN; Gary, IN; Lafayette, IN; Muncie, IN; Noblesville, IN; Terre Haute, IN; Greenwood, IN; Kokomo, IN; Anderson, IN; Elkhart, IN; Mishawaka, IN; Lawrence, IN; West Lafayette, IN. Jeffersonville, IN; Westfield, IN; Portage, IN; New Albany, IN; Richmond, IN;
We Offer Trucking Permits in the Following Counties in Indiana;
Marion County ; Lake County; Allen County; Hamilton County; St. Joseph County; Elkhart County; Tippecanoe County; Vanderburgh County; Porter County; Hendricks County; Johnson County; Monroe County; Madison County; Clark County; Delaware County; LaPorte County; Vigo County; Howard County; Bartholomew County; Kosciusko County; Floyd County; Hancock County; Morgan County; Boone County; Grant County; Wayne County; Warrick County; Dearborn County;
Oversize Load Travel Restrictions in Indiana
Travel permitted 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset. You can travel on weekends if less than 10′ wide. If 10′ wide or over, you can travel until noon on Saturday.
Ready To Aquire an Oversize Permit For Your Load in Indiana? Call (877) 792-5056!
MORE USEFUL RESOURCES
Depends on dimensions, weight?
For loads over 200,000 gross, the state police will assign escorts and inspect loads and equipment before you leave loading site. The 7 to 10 days to issue permits is realistic and if truck & load are not accurate with permit, another 7 to 10 days of repermitting will happen.