Kentucky Oversize and Overweight Permits
Contact (877) 792-5056 for Oversize Permits in Kentucky.
Shipping permits are mandatory when shipping a load considered oversized or overweight in Kentucky. Wide Load Shipping is the best company to help you acquire permits for your shipment to avoid fines. Our team of logistics agents is experienced and familiar with the oversize and overweight shipping requirements in Kentucky. Below we have more information about permits, superloads, and pilot cars.
Oversize Load Limits in Kentucky
The following are the legal load weight and dimensions limits in Kentucky.
- Length: 65 feet,
- Overhang: Less than 5 feet.
- Weight: 80,000 lbs GVW.
- Width: 8’6 feet.
- Height: 13 feet.
Pilot Car / Escort Car Requirements in Kentucky
- Width: 2 lanes over 10’6” require 1 front escort or pilot vehicle. 2 lanes over 12’ requires 1 front escort or pilot vehicle and 1 rear escort or pilot vehicle. 4 lanes over 12’ require 1 rear escort or pilot vehicle.
- Length: 2 lanes over 75’ require 1 rear escort or pilot vehicle. 2 lanes over 85’ requires 1 front and 1 rear escort or pilot vehicle. 4 lanes over 110’ requires 1 rear escort or pilot vehicle.
Oversize and Overweight Permit Limits in Kentucky
Here’s the maximum weight your load can be, even with a permit in Kentucky:
- Single Axle Weight Permits: 24,000 pounds
- Five axle Weight Permits: 96,000 pounds
- Six axle Weight Permits: 120,000 pounds
- Seven axle Weight Permits: 160,000 pounds
Below are the maximum dimensions a load can be, even with a permit in the state of Kentucky:
- Max Length With Permit: 95 feet
- Max Overhang With Permit: 25 feet
- Maximum Width With Permit: 14 feet
- Maximum Height With Permit: 15 feet
What’s the Cost of Trucking Permits In Kentucky?
Below are the costs of oversize and overweight permits in Kentucky. Contact us to help you acquire single and annual permits at (877) 792-5056.
- Single trip permits in Kentucky: $60
- Annual permits for loads less than 14 feet wide: $250
- Annual permits for loads between 14 to 16 feet wide: $500
- Annual permits for steel 150-mile limit: $250
- Annual permits for steel statewide: $500
- Annual permits for farm equipment less than 14 feet wide: $80
- Annual permits for farm equipment between 14 to 16 feet wide: $150
- Annual permits for industrial equipment haul: $20
We Offer Trucking Permits in the Following Cities in Kentucky;
KY, Covington, KY; Frankfort, KY; Hopkinsville, KY; Paducah, KY; Elizabethtown, KY; Georgetown, KY; Henderson, KY; Independence, KY; Jeffersontown, KY; Paducah, KY; Radcliff, KY; Ashland, KY; Murray, KY; Erlanger, KY; Madisonville, KY; Winchester, KY. St. Matthews, KY; Burlington, KY; Danville, KY; Fort Thomas, KY; Shively, KY;
We Offer Trucking Permits in the Following Counties in Kentucky;
Jefferson County; Fayette County; Kenton County; Boone County; Warren County; Hardin County; Daviess County; Campbell County; Madison County; Bullitt County; Christian County; Oldham County; McCracken County; Pulaski County; Laurel County; Pike County ; Scott County; Jessamine County; Franklin County; Boyd County; Shelby County; Nelson County; Hopkins County; Henderson County; Barren County; Calloway County; Graves County; Clark County ; Whitley County; Floyd County; Greenup County; Marshall County ; Muhlenberg County; Boyle County; Knox County;
Travel Restrictions for Oversize and Overweight Shipments in Kentucky
Travel is permitted from ½ hour before sunrise to ½ hour after sunset Monday through Friday and Saturday until noon.
Ready To Aquire an Oversize Permit For Your Load in Kentucky? Call (877) 792-5056!
MORE USEFUL RESOURCES
If you need bridges closed to enter Louisville, contact Officer Mike and he will make the necessary arrangements. Cost is $100.00 per police car, a W-9 tax form will have to be sent to Oficer Mike, and the officers assigned will exchange phone numbers to coordinate. Phone for Officer Mike is 502-523-6493