New Jersey Oversize and Overweight Permits
Contact (877) 792-5056 for Oversize Permits in New Jersey.
Transportation of oversize and overweight loads in New Jersey must be accompanied by shipping permits from the state’s DOT. Wide Load Shipping has a team of logistics agents to help you acquire the needed permits to haul your load in New Jersey without being fined. Below we have more information about superloads, pilot cars, and limits.
Oversize Load Limit in New Jersey
The following are the maximum weight and dimensions before a load requires a shipping permit in New Jersey.
- Length: 63 feet.
- Weight: 80,000 lbs GVW.
- Width: 8’ 6 feet.
- Height: 13’ 6 feet.
Pilot Car/Escort Car Requirements in New Jersey
- Width: 2 Lanes over 14′, one pilot car or escort vehicle in front. 4 Lanes over 14′, one pilot car or escort vehicle in the rear. For all loads over 16′, one front and one rear pilot car or escort vehicle are required.
- Length: 2 lanes over 100′. One pilot car or escort vehicle is required in the rear. For all loads over 120′, one in front and one rear pilot car or escort vehicle is required.
- Height: Over 14’, one high pole pilot car or escort is required in front.
What’s the Cost of Trucking Permits In New Jersey?
Here is the cost of oversize and overweight permits in New Jersey. Our team of specialists will help you acquire the right permit for your shipment. Call us at (877) 792-5056.
- Single trip oversize permit: $10
- Single trip overweight permit: $10
- Single trip oversize and overweight permit: $20
- Single trip permit for the weight over 80,000 pounds: $5 per every ton
- Single trip permit for dimensions over the legal limits: $1 per every foot
- Annual ocean-borne container permits: $100
- Transaction/service charge: $12 and a service charge of 5% of the total cost of each permit
We Offer Trucking Permits in the Following Cities in New Jersey;
Newark, NJ; Jersey City, NJ; Paterson, NJ; Elizabeth, NJ; Clifton, NJ; Trenton, NJ; Camden, NJ; Passaic, NJ; Union City, NJ; Bayonne, NJ; Brick, NJ; Cherry Hill, NJ; Union City, NJ; Old Bridge, NJ; Franklin Township, NJ; Middletown, NJ; Bayonne, NJ; East Orange, NJ; Gloucester, NJ; North Bergen, NJ. Vineland, NJ; Union township, NJ; Piscataway, NJ; Jackson, NJ; New Brunswick, NJ;
We Offer Trucking Permits in the Following Counties in New Jersey;
Bergen County; Middlesex County; Essex County; Hudson County ; Monmouth County; Ocean County ; Union County; Camden County; Passaic County; Morris County; Burlington County; Mercer County; Somerset County; Gloucester County; Atlantic County; Cumberland County; Sussex County; Hunterdon County; Warren County; Cape May County; Salem County;
Oversize Trucking Permits in New Jersey
The following are the weight and dimension limits for permits in New Jersey:
- Length: 120’
- Weight: Use the federal bridge formula.
- Width: 16’
- Height: 16’
Oversize Load Travel Restrictions in New Jersey
Travel is permitted from sunrise until sunset. Heavy loads only may continue to travel. No oversize loads are permitted on Toll roads. Detailed travel restrictions and movement time will be on the permit.
Ready To Aquire an Oversize Permit For Your Load in New Jersey? Call (877) 792-5056!
MORE USEFUL RESOURCES