North Dakota Oversize and Overweight Permits
Contact (877) 792-5056 for Oversize Permits in North Dakota.When shipping oversize and overweight loads in North Dakota, it’s mandatory to have shipping permits to avoid fines. Wide Load Shipping has a team of experienced specialists to help you acquire the necessary permits for your shipment. Below is detailed information about the permits, limits, superloads, and pilot cars.
Oversize Load Limits in North DakotaThe following are the maximum weight and dimensions limits in North Dakota before permits are required:
- Length: 75 feet.
- Weight: 80,000 GVW.
- Width: 8’ 6 feet.
- Height: 14 feet.
Pilot Car/Escort Car Requirements in North Dakota
- Width: 2 lanes over 14’6” requires 1 front pilot car. 4 lanes over 16’ require 1 rear pilot car. 2 lanes over 16’ require 1 front pilot car and 1 rear pilot car.
- Height: Over 18’ requires 1 front pilot car.
- Length: Over 120’ requires 1 rear pilot car.
Oversize Load Travel Restrictions in North DakotaTravel is permitted from sunrise to sunset. Travel permitted all weekend up to 16′ wide or 110′ in length. Continuous travel is also permitted if heavy only. When hauling a dozer the blade has to be attached when overweight.
What’s the Cost of Trucking Permits In North Dakota?Below are the costs of oversize and overweight permits in North Dakota. We have a team of specialists with experience of how to acquire permits in North Dakota. Call us at (877) 792-5056.
- Single trip oversize and overweight permits: $20 plus $15 service fee
- Overweight annual permit: $100
- Divisible load single trip permit: $20 plus $15 service fee
- Divisible load annual interstate permit: $300
- Special mobile equipment single trip permit: $25 plus $15 service fee
- Workover service rig single trip permit: $100 plus $15 service fee
- Seasonal, annual permit: $50
- Below are the permit costs for vehicles GVW greater than 150,000 pounds
- 150,001 to 160,000 pounds: $30
- 160,001 to 170,000 pounds: $40
- 170,001 to 180,000 pounds: $50
- 180,001 to 190,000 pounds: $60
- 190,001 pounds and over; $70
Oversize and Overweight Permit Limits in North DakotaHere’s the maximum weight your load can be, even with a permit in North Dakota:
- Single Axle Weight Permits: 24,000 pounds
- Tandem axles Weight Permits: 45,000 pounds
- Tridem axles Weight Permits: 60,000 pounds
- Quadem axles Weight Permits: 73,200 pounds
- Five axle Weight Permits: 103,200 pounds
- Six axle Weight Permits: 118,000 pounds
- Seven axle Weight Permits: 126,000 pounds
- Max Length With Permit: 110 feet
- Maximum Width With Permit: 18 feet
- Maximum Height With Permit: 15’6 feet