Delaware Oversize and Overweight Permits
Contact (877) 792-5056 for Oversize Permits in Delaware.
Are you wondering if your shipment must be accompanied by oversize or overweight permits in Delaware? Below we have broken down when a load does and doesn’t need to have shipping permits in Delaware. Wide Load Shipping experts do a good job at helping acquire shipping permits for oversize and overweight loads in Delaware. Learn about pilot cars, superloads, and more below.
Oversize Load Limits in Delaware
The following are the load limit in Delaware before you require a permit.
- Length: 60’ (53’ trailer)
- Overhang: 3’ front; 6’ rear (included in legal allowable length)
- Weight: GVW 80,000 lbs., or 20,000 lbs. per axle.
Oversize and Overweight Permit Limits in Delaware
The following are the maximum weight and dimensions for permits in Delaware.
- Length: 100’
- Overhang: over 5’ must be permitted
- Weight: GVW 120,000
- Width: 14’
- Height: 15’
Pilot/Escort Car Requirements in Delaware
- Width over 12’ requires 1 escort car, over 14’ requires 2 escort cars, and over 15’ requires State Police escort.
- Length over 100’ requires 1 car, over 110’ requires 2 cars, and over 120’ requires State Police escort.
- Height: None unless specified on the permit after obtained.
What’s the Cost of Trucking Permits In Delaware?
Here is the cost of single and annual oversize and overweight permits in Delaware. Contact Wide Load Shipping to help you acquire shipping permits in Delaware fast. (877) 792-5056!
- Single trip oversize permits in Delaware: $30
- Single trip superload permits in Delaware: $60
- Single trip overweight permits in Delaware: $10 per every 8,000 pounds over the weight limit
Oversize Load Travel Times and Restrictions in Delaware
Travel is permitted from sunrise to sunset, with no weekend travel permitted. Travel is also prohibited on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day,
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Election Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day.
On days preceding a holiday, day movement must stop at noon. Movement may continue the day following the holiday afternoon. Refer to your oversize or heavy-haul trucking permit for any other instructions.
The information contained in these pages is research information primarily for use by oversize and overweight trucking company drivers, dispatchers, and pilot car companies. While every effort is put into maintaining the accuracy of this information, you must verify this information with the Delaware State DOT Permits office before commencing movement.
Ready To Aquire an Oversize Permit For Your Load in Delaware? Call (877) 792-5056!
MORE USEFUL RESOURCES