Nunavut is in the process of defining their winter frost and spring thaw law restrictions programs. In past years Nunavut didn’t have to worry about these issues to much however recently due to climate change they are forced with new challenges.
Develop engineering terms of reference for transportation
Engineering concerns related to permafrost warming include:
• increase in creep rate of existing piles and footings;
• thaw settlement during seasonal thawing;
• increased frost-heave during winter;
• progressive landslide movements; and
• progressive surface settlements