Selecting the right equipment shipping company
Making sure you select the right transporter for your equipment.
When you are looking for the right equipment shipping company to haul your load there are a few things that you need to know. Just because a mover gives you a low quote it doesn’t necessarily mean they are the right company for you. There are many elements to consider like; How much cargo insurance do they have? Is it enough to cover your shipment? How long have they been in business? Are they reliable? Have they had any recent accidents or claims? There are many aspects to consider while shopping for the right company to do the job for you. In this guide we’re going to cover some of the basic information about equipment transport so you can hopefully select the company that is right for you.
- Is the equipment you plan to ship valued at over $100,000 dollars? This is the minimum amount required by the FMCSA so make sure you know how much insurance the trucking company you are looking at has.
- If you need more insurance to cover your equipment will that raise the overall costs? How much?
- Does the transporter have a good rating or are there any notations in their government file?
- How reputable is the trucking company and how long have they been in business?
- What are the payment terms they have in mind for you?
- What date do they have availability for and will this work with your schedule?
Now we’ll go a little more in depth on these questions to clarify how you can find out answers to these questions and move towards selecting the right shippers for your equipment shipping project. The first thing to do is to ask the trucking company for a copy of their insurance certificate.